Friday, June 11

Father's Day Cookies!

It's Father's Day next weekend, so here's a fun gift for the dads or any of the men in your life . . .  cookies shaped like neck ties.  I made the neck tie cookie cutter out of a vinyl -- plastic type folder I bought for .88 cents.


I cut a strip of the rigid plastic 1" wide, washed it with dish soap, and then folded it into the neck tie shape I wanted. 


Then it's just stapled together (I trimmed the corners by the staple).

You now have a custom neck tie cookie cutter!!!

Sugar Cookie Recipe
 1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. milk
food coloring of your choice
(I picked green)

Mix the above ingredients together, then add and mix:
2 1/4-2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Chill in frig for an hour.  Roll, cut, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.


All ready for frosting . . .

Done!  The dark frosting is actually purple, it just looks black in the picture.  The decorating is (as you can see) simple so the kids can have fun decorating daddy's cookie present!

3 comments:

  1. Cutest things ever! I love them! I am astounded by your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're bringing some of those down to Mom's, right? I'm daddy to three cute kitties, but they can't bake... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome awesome awesome blog!!! :-) I had no idea how much stuff you already have up! I've already posted it on my blog. I'm sure lots of my friends will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...